Sunday, November 16, 2008

I don't know anymore

I am watching You've Got Mail and there is a line in it where Joe is writing an email to Kathleen and he says, "Do you ever feel that you've become the worst version of yourself?" Sometimes I feel like I have.

On an completely different note (because I'm not discussing the above anymore right now), I am amazed by new products out for kids. With Christmas coming up quickly, we are bombarded by commericals and advertisements, even with our economy in the shape that it's in. One example of a quite amazing new product that I have recently seen is the Crayola Magic Light Brush. Really?? How is this possible. I must see this in real life to understand how it works. Because I am slightly confused and amazed by the commercial on TV. So obviously the advertisement works, right? But who am I going to by it for? I don't have kids, and probably buying that for myself would be a little odd. Plus, if I am going to spend money on something (which I'm not doing), it would be on other things. Perhaps a new pair of boots or a new iPod nano. My iPod is broken. That was a sad day when I realized that. Music is such a huge part of my life. Any given day, my mood is reflected by my music choice. And sometimes, I just want to sing. So I do.

Friday morning was one of the worst mornings of my life. I left my house at about 6:15 or 6:20, like I always do. I probably went about 5 or 10 over the speed limit on the highway, like I always do. I pulled into the parking lot, like I always do. And then I did something that I never do. That I have never done. I did this:






For some reason, my mind was completely somewhere else, and I "failed to stop" in time to avoid an accident, as my ticket says... and I hit another car. That is not a good way to start the day. I didn't make it into work to actually take care of my patients until about 8:30. So Friday was not a good day. But Friday night was better. I went to my friend's house and hung out and had a great time.

Yesterday was OK, too, I guess. Last night we went to a friend's house and watched the UFC fight.... yea... definitely never watched that before and oh my goodness. Those boys are not playing. It was one of the most brutal things I've ever seen. The boxing and kicking I don't mind so much. But when one guy is down on the mat and the other guy is just hitting the crap out of him... I don't know about that.

Anyway, one last thing to say. As passive agressive as I can be at times, I hate when other people are passive agressive, especially when it relates to me. And, for some reason, I feel like a lot of that has gone on lately. And I don't like it.

On that note, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Chez said...

you're retarded, that mini is fab BTW. Looks like our trip to DC will bed hella interesting. They are already setting up shop for the inaugural crap!

the randomness that is deah... thoughts, ponderings, and musings... with some scrapping thrown in