Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm siiiiiiick

I feel like crap.

I can't stop coughing.

I can't sleep.

I can't eat anything good.

And I'm very whiny... obviously.

So Saturday started off great. Brandon and I went to the lake with some other couples from our Sunday school class. I got some sun (finally) and did all kinds of atheltic stuff that I have never been (or will ever be) good at. Although, I do have to pat myself on the back for a minute and say that I went kneeboarding. Yea, I know, it's not water skiing or wakeboarding, but those are hard! At least I could actually do kneeboarding. I got up on the second try and it was really fun. Until I wiped out and aspirated half the lake. The other half went in my ears. So yea, that was fun, and I knew for sure that I would be sore the next day from that. But if that wasn't bad enough, I decided to go tubing, too. And what exactly is tubing, you ask? Well, that's where you hold on for dear life to the tube that is hanging by a rope (literally) to the back of the boat that is pulling you along at what you can only assume is like, at least 100 miles an hour. Oh, and the whole time this is going on, I'm riding in the middle of 2 boys. So everytime the tube hit a bump and we would go flying above the tube, they both landed on me. Brandon was the first to fall off (haha!). And then we went again, and that's the time I totally wiped out. The best way to describe it is that I did a cannonball slide across the water. Yea, that sounds about right. Both my elbows are tore up because I held on too long for fear of doing what I inevitably did in the cannonball. Overall though, I have to admit, as horrible as all that sounds, we had a great time.

What I didn't realize until later though was that the headache and sore throat that I woke up with on Saturday was actually something. After the lake, we came home and I took a little 15 minute power nap because my head hurt so bad. Which I attributed to getting my brain tossed about in my head on the tube. Then we went to the cookout and had a great time seeing everyone.

By Sunday night, when the headache-slash-swollen lymphnodes-slash-fever of 101.3-slash-sore throat was no better, I figured I should get that looked into. And now I'm out of work. But for real, I would rather be there now than feeling like this.

Oh, and I do have pictures of me in all my almost Olympics-worthy performance from Saturday that I will post later! I can't give y'all too much excitment in one day, can I?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love that blogger asks you when you're leaving a comment to "Choose an identity". It's a great concept no? Like today, I think I'll be me, but tomorrow, I'll be something else....

the randomness that is deah... thoughts, ponderings, and musings... with some scrapping thrown in