Thursday, July 17, 2008

Waaaay back to May...

So, I thought I would share some pics with whoever is still reading this since it has been sooooooo long. (It seems that is always how I start my blogs, hmm.) But anyway... I went to Chicago for a work conference back in May. Brandon came up on Friday after the conference and we stayed in the city for the weekend. We went to all the sites like the Sears Tower and the Art Institute of Chicago. We had a great weekend and the conference was awesome, too! I learned SOOOO much!. It was a conference for critical care nurses and the technical name for it is "National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition." Yea, fancy, I know! So anyway, I didn't really know what it was all about until I went and oh my goodness! There was so much to do! I am a HUGE dork and I was like a kid in a candy store with all the classes to chose from. And I was there with one of my best friends from work and one of my best friends from class. I also very much enjoyed my night alone in the city before Brandon got there. It was very relaxing and kind of liberating. (This is going to sound silly but...) I felt so grown up. Ok, so here's some pictures!

I don't know how many people have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off... (I would hope everyone because it's a classic) but do you remember the part in the movie where they go to the Sears Tower and they look over the rail down at the bustling city below? Well, that's what I was trying to do here, but apparently either I'm really short or they are really tall or they moved the rail back because I could NOT get to the freaking window. Oh, well.


So here's Brandon in deep thought reading one of the plaques at the top of the Sears Tower...


And I thought it would be cool to take a pic in the elevator that for real went so fast that my ears popped like, 3 times between the ground and the observation deck.And this is, I think, my fave pic from the whole week... the Sears Tower up close and personal.






And of course, you can't go to Chicago and not get Chicago-style pizza, right? So we did. I did with Jill one night and then I did again with Brandon when he got there. You definitely have to be hungry and in the right mood to eat that pizza... but it was DELISH!



Brandon and I went on a riverboat cruise the last night we were there and I got some great pictures, even if I do say so myself!



So yea, lemme finish this blog by saying that I completely agree with my friend Jen who said, and I quote, "blogger is pissing me off!" And I couldn't agree more.

I remember now why I don't blog more... cuz I'm hella frustrated now. I hear typepad calling me...

1 comment:

believe_in_magic said...

Are those really your photos or did you steal them from a Chicago tourism magazine? ;) Cause they are so freaking perfect it's just incredible. Even the one of the pizza is a thing of beauty. Wow. :D

the randomness that is deah... thoughts, ponderings, and musings... with some scrapping thrown in